We are hiring!
Are you a motivated and loyal individual looking to work in a fast growing and dynamic bake shop? Then look no further!
Pretty Sweet is looking for a Retail Team Member! This position would require you to have very good communication skills, the ability to problem solve, and to work independently. Someone who is detail oriented and wanting to brighten a customer’s day!
Applicant must be available Tuesday – Saturday.
You will contribute to Pretty Sweets success by working mainly in the Front of House with a small amount of Back of House duties.
The Role of the Retail Team Member is to assist customers in selecting items from our retail case as well as retrieving customer orders while always demonstrating a positive, friendly & helpful attitude. The tasks and expectations are as outlined below;
Front of House:
- Listening & assisting customers in selecting products that best fit their personal needs.
- Greet customers in a friendly manor.
- Process all sales transactions accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Keeping work space clean and organized in accordance to food handling standards and ensuring;
- Boxes and packaging items are kept organized and easily available
- Front counter is clean at all times
- All shelving is kept clean and dust free
- Floors are swept and mopped
- Bathroom is kept clean at all times
- Ensure a reasonable stock of bakery boxes are built for the front as well as cake and donut boxes for the back stock or any other packaging goods required.
- Stocking and restocking as needed, of all baked goods for the counter.
- Continuously ensuring merchandise is presentable & always fully stocked.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Bakery Assistant or management.
Back of House:
- Assist Bakers with preparation of baked goods.
- Packing assembly of baked goods for order and markets.
- Maintain cleanliness of bakeshop at all times by ensuring;
- Dishes are properly washed and put away
- Floors and working areas are kept clean
- Any other cleaning duties required
- Any other task or duty required and assigned by management.
The ideal candidate is an individual that is looking for a full-time position that constantly displays exceptional organization & communication skills and has the ability to problem solve and think quick on their feet. The successful candidate will ideally be able to work Tuesday- Saturday daytime, with a total of 25- 30 hours per week, with the possibility of 35-40 hours per week in the fall.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your application, but only successful candidates will be considered and contacted for an interview.